comsc US Politics | AMERICAblog News: Open thread
Join Email List | About us | AMERICAblog Gay
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff

Open thread



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK

Well, I'm fortunate enough to be invited back to apartment-sit and cat-sit for Chris in Paris and his lovely wife while they're off on their own personal tour de France this August. I'm really looking forward to it - those of you who have been here a while may recall I got to cat/house-sit for Chris last August as well.



I'll be heading over on Wednesday and staying until just before Labor Day. As Chris has wi-fi, and Joe in DC would kill me if I didn't, I'll still be blogging over there every day, and will continue working on the final beta of AMERICAblog 2.0 - we hope to have the final site launched in a few weeks. This of course means that Friday Orchid Blogging may again turn into Friday Cat Blogging (they have two, Nasdaq and Sushi), and possibly even daily cat-blogging, provided the cats consent.



I also hope to try, perhaps, a bit of video blogging (and audio blogging) while there - I want to get the hang of the various software on my Mac, and at the same time find out if there's really any use for such new-fangled blogging methods - we shall find out.

I'd also like to plan a little coffee or drinks with the readers in Paris while I'm there, though I'm not sure how many we have (I only know of two, not counting Chris and his wife). So if anybody's in the area, let me know and maybe we can set something up as early as next week, to avoid the mad vacation rush.



A tout a l'heure.

JOHN

PS I know Paris is quite well-wired for free wi-fi, but is that just in coffee shops and stuff, or is there any outdoor free wi-fi, like in parks or anything? Anybody have suggestions for popular wi-fi hang-outs during the day or evening? I'll be staying in the 14th, but can obviously visit places other neighborhoods as well. (Might make an interesting video blog entry, wi-fi cafes in Paris - or not.)


blog comments powered by Disqus