comsc US Politics | AMERICAblog News: Nigerian scam artists now pretending to be Katrina victims
Join Email List | About us | AMERICAblog Gay
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff

Nigerian scam artists now pretending to be Katrina victims



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK

What is it with Nigeria and scam artists? Check out the latest I just got from some Nigerian posing as a Katrina victim to raise money. I traced his IP address to - where? - Nigeria! Can't we target cruise missiles to within like ten yards?

X-Originating-IP: [217.194.145.179]
From: "Bill Chris" bellview11123@hotmail.com
Subject: A cry for help
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 23:29:35 -0500

Dear Sir/Ma,
Am Bill Chris one of the victims of the hurricane katrina which took plce in New Orleans on the 29th of August,it precisely 3 weeks since were been living in an ortrageous situation.
Am a 36 Years old white american who has a family which consist of 3 children ( a boy and two girls they are all kids) and a wive .i had lived on new orleans through out my entire life.i had a shopping mall there where i sell goods that keep my family hopes alive and my wive takes care of my kids while am away .the hurricane which swept away my city,swepy away my mall while one of my kidsis still misssing.Although Mayor Ray Nagin promised that it will be alright but i douht if new orleans will be able to recover.
I am using this medium of expretion to ask for a favour from you if you could kindlly assist me with some funds any amount you can help if atll is $1 usd because i am really suffuring with my family,and i want you to belive that we are still one AMERICA, no matter what happen to our country so please if you are in power to help me please do not hesitate to do so .Am presentlly taking refuge in texas with other family but the situation is something i can"t cope with.Have never seen people so homeless and helpless but the government only gave each family $2000 but the money giving to my family is not enough to set up my mall and home again.I will apprecaite it if you can use humman felling on this letter help me in any way.may almighty God be with you and your family (AMEN).

Thanks,
Bill Chris
It's particularly amazing how poor New Orleans flood victims write with the English spelling of "favor" (i.e., favour). And who says America has a poor education system. And actually, the more I read that email the more it's making me laugh. He's a "white American" - what is this, David Duke? - and he owned an entire shopping mall before Katrina hit! He lives ON New Orleans, not "in" it. And he's asking for donations in "usd" - which stands for "US dollars," because, you know, it's so darn pesky when people pay you in dinars.


blog comments powered by Disqus