comsc US Politics | AMERICAblog News: Five Questions: Cliff Schecter with Gaius Publius at Netroots Nation 2012
Join Email List | About us | AMERICAblog Gay
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff

Five Questions: Cliff Schecter with Gaius Publius at Netroots Nation 2012



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK

This is another of the nine [now ten] short interviews I made while at Netroots Nation last week. Our guest this time is Cliff Schecter, who comments in many places, most notably (to me) as a Friday regular on majority.fm.

The series is called "Five Questions" — I asked the same four questions of each respondent and tailored a fifth question to the person I was speaking with. You can see the list of questions by clicking here.

I'll say as an introduction, this is one of the best pro-progressive statements I've heard from Cliff. Schecter is clear and strong-voiced in support of progressive wins. May the Spirit in the Sky reward him for that.

Five Questions: Cliff Schecter with Gaius Publius, recorded at Netroots Nation 2012. Enjoy:



A couple of quotes I found interesting:

About progressives and Dems: "Now, I consult with Democrats as a progressive." He means what you think he means. More, please.

About the Progressive Caucus in Congress: "What would work differently is if you say you're going to do something, you do it."

Pause to ponder that. The example he used here was the Public Option in Obama's health care bill. Progressives said it, but they didn't do it. (My sad thoughts here; needless to say, agreeance.)

His answer to the question about the future (question 4) was interesting as well, thoughtful and nuanced. No one brought up what he brought up.

About the WeAct radio station Cliff is involves with, it's 1480 AM (WPWC) in Washington DC. Internet is WeActRadio.com. The lead talent is David Shuster, a man who has taken a wonderful path into the light (OK, I used to watch Ghost Whisperer.)

Cliff is not the first person I spoke with at the convention, by the way, who talked about a general strike. General strike — we should keep that arrow available in my opinion, for whatever that thought is worth.

The full list of "Five Questions" interviews includes the following. Links to names will take you to previously-published interviews.
These interviews will be presented in some order in the upcoming days.

(If you have trouble with this audio, please let me know in the comments and I'll address it as quickly as I can. Thanks.)

GP

To follow or send links: @Gaius_Publius
 


blog comments powered by Disqus