comsc US Politics | AMERICAblog News: They're back!
Join Email List | About us | AMERICAblog Gay
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff

They're back!



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK



Photo credit: Bonnie Dalzell

They're back! At least in Chicago. The 17 year cicadas (also known, incorrectly, as the 17 year locusts) are coming back to Chicago in late May. I remember seeing them the first time when I was 9. They entirely covered the sidewalk, I used to ride over them with my bike, swerving as much as possible for maximal damage. The dog would eat them to her heart's content. Now they disgust me. Last time they appeared in DC, a few years back, I almost got hit by a car when one flew onto my head while I was crossing the street - I flailed, oblivious to the car heading right for me. We hates them. I'm not sure when they're coming back to DC.


blog comments powered by Disqus