comsc US Politics | AMERICAblog News: Iraqis: Reality worse than U.S. believes
Join Email List | About us | AMERICAblog Gay
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff

Iraqis: Reality worse than U.S. believes



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK

The Republicans refuse to tell the truth to the American people, and apparently they aren't telling the truth to George Bush, or he just doesn't care. Either way, this is what you get when you elect an incompetent man and an incompetent political party to head our country.

[Iraqi officials'] worst fear, one that some U.S. soldiers share, is that top officials don't really understand what's happening....

"As an intelligence officer ... I have had the chance to move around Baghdad on mounted and dismounted patrols and see the city and violence from the ground," wrote one U.S. military officer in Iraq.

"I think that the greatest problem that we deal (besides the insurgents and militia) with is that our leadership has no real comprehension of the ground truth. I wish that I could offer a solution, but I can't. When I have briefed General Officers, I have given them my perspective and assessment of the situation. Many have been surprised at what I have to say, but I suspect that in the end nothing will or has changed."


blog comments powered by Disqus