comsc US Politics | AMERICAblog News: Friday Orchid Blogging
Join Email List | About us | AMERICAblog Gay
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff

Friday Orchid Blogging



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK



Purple cattleyas. I can't grow too many cattleyas because they need good sunlight all year round, and I don't have it. Folks in Florida just slap em up against a tree and there they grow all year round. Here you'd need a really good southern exposure in the sun all day long and then have them outside in the sun during the summer and they'd probably be okay for you. Like I said, for me most catts won't bloom (or live). Though there are some "minis" that are a bit smaller plants and need less light, I'm trying those under fluorescent bulbs right now - so far so good, but no blooms yet.

Enjoy.


blog comments powered by Disqus