comsc US Politics | AMERICAblog News: Friday Orchid Blogging
Join Email List | About us | AMERICAblog Gay
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff

Friday Orchid Blogging



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK



Phragmipedium caudatum

Again, not one of mine, but a pic I took at the NY show a few months ago. I've not tried to grow this one, it's a species, i.e., not a commercial hybrid, meaning it's probably a bit harder to grow (or it just grows to be so damn big I don't have room for it!) I love phrags, as these are called, but I'm finding that I'm having some problems with them rotting - a problem you always face orchids, but something I'm having more of with this variety of late, which is too bad, because I think they're fantastic.

Here's a picture of the entire plant, that was an award at the show. Check out those petals!


blog comments powered by Disqus