Luck is on our side and it's sunny and fairly warm today and probably also tomorrow. I spent the work week in London where it was a bit cooler and a bit drizzly so I'm glad to see the pleasant weather. After seeing the so-called "Boris Bikes" I'm still scratching my head wondering how in the heck they are named after the current London mayor Boris Johnson when it was the previous mayor that started the project and put everything into place.
And then there's those annoying "Barclays Bank" signs slapped on them. Really? Why do so many of our government officials think that we need to sell off naming rights to public property? The Velib in Paris is mostly funded by an advertising company but we don't have their ugly name all over. In the case of Barclays, they're a bunch of freeloading spongers who sucked up billions upon billions during the crisis yet now they get this advertising? How pathetic.
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff
Follow @americablog
Neil Young - Helpless
blog comments powered by Disqus