I'll bet some of his best domestic servants are the blacks.
"I have a great relationship with the blacks," Trump told Albany's Talk Radio 1300 Thursday. "I've always had a great relationship with the blacks."Until now.
Trump goes on to say that it's "sad" that black people would vote for Obama because he's black.
Is it sad? All things being equal, I'd vote for a gay candidate because they're gay. I'd also vote for a Greek candidate. Sure, I'd look at their other qualifications, but would it be a factor? Absolutely. It was a historic thing for America, and I suspect for African-Americans in particular, to have elected a black President. Why is it not okay for voters to take that into account when voting - to consider making history, to consider the impact it will have on the country? In a future color/race/ethnicity/gender blind society being black, gay, Jewish, or a women may not play into the voters' minds (positively or negatively). But it sure does now.
I'd posit that as long as some Americans aren't equal to other Americans, it's perfectly all right for them to vote their own into office in the hopes that full equality will follow. There is a difference between voting for someone because he's black and voting against someone because he's black. It's the difference between the gay community wanting more gay TV characters and the religious right wanting none. One is an understandable desire to be represented, the other is bigotry.
Do you agree?
