I sure hope that payment isn't based on the fact that her mother keeps talking about running for President. Then again, it's hard to understand exactly what qualifications Bristol Palin brings to the job, other than an influential mother.
Here is my favorite quote:
Palin, who still works for the foundation, told The Associated Press last year that girls would think twice about having sex if they knew how tough it is to be a mother. She said she "wasn't prepared at all" for the dramatic changes in her life since becoming a mom.Think twice? What kid wouldn't get knocked up for $262,000 a year? Are you kidding me? For $262,000 a year, the kid can scream at me. I got a puppy that kept me up all night, for weeks, when I first got her and no one paid me a quarter mill.
"I don't think anyone realizes how difficult it really is until you actually have a screaming baby in your arms and you're up all night," Palin said.
Palin should be fired immediately if this organization actually cares about teaching young kids about the perils of single parenthood. Because so far, it looks like a pretty sweet deal. And mind you, this is the family values crowd sending this message to America's kids. Get pregnant as a get rich quick scheme. Lovely.
Imagine what Rush Limbaugh and the hate groups (FRC and AFA) would say if Barack Obama's daughter got pregnant and pocketed a quarter of a million as a result.
