comsc US Politics | AMERICAblog News: High school kid videos tornado (sort of) yesterday near Pittsburgh
Join Email List | About us | AMERICAblog Gay
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff

High school kid videos tornado (sort of) yesterday near Pittsburgh



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK



I googled around and there was a tornado yesterday near Pittsburgh, where this kid says the video was shot. And you do see what appears to be a funnel cloud forming, though I still have to say, this comes across as though it could be fake. Apparently, some on YouTube have criticized the kid for freaking out. I suspect they're people who aren't from tornado country, or are simply kinda stupid.

I grew up with tornadoes in the Chicago area, and had a deadly one strike a mile and a half from my house in the south suburbs of Chicago in 1967 when I was four years old. All I really remember was being in the basement with my family. The tornado took out the local high school, and a lot more (killed 16 people waiting in their cars for a stop light to turn green) as it moved across the burbs through the south side of Chicago and into Lake Michigan. By the time it hit our town it was a block wide, moving 60mph. It was since determined to be an F4 tornado, defined as 207-260 mph winds.

The moral of the story: Don't laugh at the kid in the video.


blog comments powered by Disqus