I would certainly hope so. Reclassifying ketchup as a vegetable for kids isn't what I would consider proper values and I would hope most Americans feel the same. I grew up during the Reagan years and remember him laying the groundwork for the Wall Street debacle that brought down the global economy. For some crazy reason, I don't understand the annoying obsession with that man. Halfwits like Palin overlook how Reagan was a "tax raising, amnesty giving, cut-and-running, negotiating with terrorist" kind of guy.
When he left office, I recall being shocked that he cashed in with a speaking tour in Japan where he made millions. In today's world, that would be like Bush leaving office and doing a highly paid speaking tour in China. Americans (my father included) were losing their jobs due to competition from Japan and there goes the president, doing a few speeches for a few million. (And yes, Clinton's cashing in was even more disgraceful, but even more money.) Reagan also had "friends" buy him a multi-million house in California after leaving office. He did eventually pay them back, but that was quite easy to do after his profitable speaking tour. Forget about the myth of Reagan and let's remember reality. The more the US moves away from his horrible legacy the better.
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff
Follow @americablog
Palin is worried that US is out of step with Reagan values
More posts about:
Sarah Palin
blog comments powered by Disqus