Libya's interior minister said Wednesday he has quit the government and is supporting the protesters, who he predicted will achieve victory in "days or hours."It feels a lot like 1989, when Eastern Europe fell. Though I have greater fears for what comes next in the Middle East than I did for Eastern Europe.
Ex-Interior Minister Abdul Fattah Younis al Abidi told CNN that he resigned Monday after hearing that some 300 unarmed civilians had been killed in Benghazi during the prior two to three days. He accused Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi of planning to attack civilians on a wide scale.
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff
Follow @americablog
Libya's Interior Minister quits post, joins protesters
More posts about:
foreign,
Libya,
Middle East
blog comments powered by Disqus