The Indianapolis Star is reporting that a Deputy AG has been fired for not being civil and courteous "toward all members of the public". You decide if his offense is lack of civility (my emphasis):
Indiana Attorney General Greg Zoeller has dismissed a deputy, Jeff Cox, for posting inappropriate comments online critical of the labor union protesters in Wisconsin.If me in a bar, armed only with a tall Coors Lite, says "shoot 'em" — that's uncivil. If a man with a gun — I mean, someone from the attorney general's office, in a state facing an outbreak of Wisconsin activism, says "shoot 'em" — well, that's a man with a gun saying "shoot 'em". Seems like a different beast somehow.
Cox sent out a message on his Twitter account saying that police should "use live ammunition" against the protesters.
A staffer for the political news site Mother Jones sent a message back to the person, who was then only known by his online account name. Cox messaged back that the demonstrators were "political enemies" and "thugs."
"You're darned right I advocate deadly force," Cox wrote to the Mother Jones staffer.
But maybe that's just me; maybe I don't know Republican jokes like I should.
GP
