comsc US Politics | AMERICAblog News: Former Libyan Justice Minister claims Gaddafi gave order for Lockerbie bombing
Join Email List | About us | AMERICAblog Gay
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff

Former Libyan Justice Minister claims Gaddafi gave order for Lockerbie bombing



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK

If there was any doubt about Gaddafi's ability to hang on, it looks slim now. His army is crumbling so he has to resort to mercenaries, his air force would rather crash their aircraft than bomb their own and now the ex-Juctice Minister is throwing him under the bus. The former British government can't be comfortable with this turn of events since they did their oil-for-murderer deal only last year.

Libya's former justice minister claims Moammar Khadafy personally ordered the 1988 Lockerbie bombing that killed 270 people, a Swedish tabloid reported Wednesday.

"I have proof that Khadafy gave the order about Lockerbie," Mustafa Abdel-Jalil told Expressen newspaper. He did not provide the proof to back up his claim.

Khadafy apparently gave the order to Abdel Baset al-Megrahi, the only man convicted in the bombing over Lockerbie, Scotland that killed all 259 people on board and 11 more on the ground.

"To hide it, he did everything in his power to get al-Megrahi back from Scotland," Abdel-Jalil told Expressen.


blog comments powered by Disqus