The protests continue to spread in Libya and AFP now reports that the state run television station has been sacked and set on fire. Gaddafi's son went on TV last night to warn protesters though he remains an unconvincing force in the country. He's promising the same old reforms that we've heard elsewhere but after decades of rule, who could believe such promises? Al Jazeera's live blog of the news from Libya can be found here.
A son of Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi has promised a programme of reforms after bloody protests against his father's rule reached the capital, Tripoli.
Saif al-Islam Gaddafi also hit out at those behind the violence. He said protests against his father's rule, which have been concentrated in the east of the country, threatened to sink Libya into civil war and split the country up into several small states.
Appearing on Libyan state television early on Monday morning, Seif al-Islam said his father is in the country and backed by the army. "We will fight to the last minute, until the last bullet."
He said his father was leading the fight, although he added that some military bases, tanks and weapons had been seized.
