After weeks of unusually warm weather, it's cooled down a bit over here but only to the the usual January temperatures. As I look at the weather in the northeastern US, I see that it can always get worse. Much worse.
We're hosting a dinner this evening to celebrate the 87th birthday of a neighbor. A bunch of friends from the building plus friends from Halifax, Canada will be here. The Canadians bought lobsters for the dinner and we have our friends wine from the Mâconnais. Eating lobster is not very typical over here because Brittany lobster is outrageously expensive. The Canadian or Maine lobsters are pricey but not that bad, but they're still relatively new to the market so they're not much of a tradition. Of course, growing up in Maryland and Pennsylvania, lobsters weren't much of a tradition either. I don't think I ever tasted lobster until I was in university and working at a restaurant.
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff
Follow @americablog
Coltrane - Giant Steps
blog comments powered by Disqus