Joe should be back from Christmas break in California, while Chris is on his way out to the door to Normandy for New Years. (I spent New Years in Normandy with Chris and his wife, a few years ago. Lots of cow wallpaper and rain. But the food was great (Chris cooked) and the company couldn't have been better. I don't have any stellar New Year's Eve plans, it's not really a high holiday for me. Probably going to a local bar with some friends.
In the meantime, filibuster reform seems to be moving forward, though it's a treacherous path (after all, what possible incentive do the Republicans have for reforming it - they're the only ones who use it (practically), even when the Rs are in control. I didn't think I'd support getting rid of it, but at this point, the Republicans have so abused the process, and the Dems have so caved on the abuse ("60 is he new 50" - uh, no it's not and please stop saying that), it's not clear what other option there is than to curtail the darn thing.
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff
Follow @americablog
Friday morning open thread
blog comments powered by Disqus