comsc US Politics | AMERICAblog News: Monday Morning Open Thread
Join Email List | About us | AMERICAblog Gay
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff

Monday Morning Open Thread



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK

Good morning.

The President is still in India. He met today with Prime Minister Singh and will be addressing the Indian Parliament today. He's heading to Indonesia next. This is a job-creation trip. Got that?

HuffPost Hill sent out a "Special Sunday Night Leadership Drama Edition" last night, which documented the battle underway in the Democratic caucus. It's a contest for the number two spot between Steny Hoyer (MD) and James Clyburn (SC). Those intra-caucus battles are always the worst.

The chances of repealing "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" are looking less and less likely. Gee, no one could have predicted that. And, we didn't warn about delaying action over and over and over and over. John wrote last night:

The betrayal is pretty complete at this point. No DADT. No ENDA. NO DOMA. I really hate being right about these things, but Joe and I predicted this was going to happen, but HRC and the apologists told you they knew better.
Maddening. Just maddening.

To completely change the subject from politics, over the weekend, I went to Churchill, Manitoba, which is known as the "Polar Bear Capitol of the World." I had a big birthday this year and this trip was a birthday gift from my partner, Carlos. We spent Saturday on a Tundra Buggy watching polar bears. One of the first posts I ever wrote for AMERICAblog, back on November 14, 2004, was about polar bears. It was really amazing. Here's one of my videos:


blog comments powered by Disqus