I'm hardly ready to support Ron Paul on other issues but on this subject, he's mostly correct. (I'm not sure privatizing the TSA is the answer.) The unfortunate reality today is that the Democrats remain terrified of being soft on terror unless they go along with extreme policies. Nobody expects them to speak out because then - gasp! - they would have to defend themselves against bogus charges by the GOP. Wouldn't it be interesting to have Congress and the White House team all go through both the porno-scanners and the groping. It's just a little too easy to say it's fine when they live outside of the rules for everyone else. (Hmm, sounds like health care, doesn't it?)
Maybe the French protest too much, too often but you have to wonder what level of humiliation or class warfare attack (against the middle class and poor) it will take to see the American public stand up and say "enough." If the Democrats aren't interested standing up for voters like me, I have no problem supporting any politician who can help promote the issues that I find important. For the most part, the Democrats show no allegiance to anyone other than the moneyed interests who fund their campaigns so why would I want to bother voting or supporting their behavior?
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff
Follow @americablog
'The American people have been too submissive'
More posts about:
TSA
blog comments powered by Disqus