Joe is off running the marathon in Maine today. And I'm back in Chicago picking up the pup, who my sister was graciously taking care of during my long travels.
I learned something about dogs this past week. I'd always known that cats give you the cold shoulder treatment when you come back from a trip without them, but didn't know dogs were capable of doing the same. Our dogs growing up used to go NUTS when they'd see us on returning from a long trip. Not my Sasha. Boy was she ticked. I picked her up, and she immediately jumped from my arms to my dad's. It wasn't until later that day that she started warming up, and the next until she became surgically attached to my hit once again.
Now, is it possible that Sasha had an inkling that I was going to soon be toting her around pet shops looking for that perfect Halloween costume? Perhaps.
Other than that, the pup has been in doggy Club Med, hanging out with my parents' dog Kukla, and my sister's dog Carmela, all getting along pretty well. Life with me in DC is a tad more restful than the Aravosis family home, which tends to be a lot of commotion between the multiple dogs and grandkids.



