comsc US Politics | AMERICAblog News: A reader from Alabama writes 'The anger is not only focused at BP, but at Obama and his team.'
Join Email List | About us | AMERICAblog Gay
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff

A reader from Alabama writes 'The anger is not only focused at BP, but at Obama and his team.'



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK

Earlier today, I wrote that I'd seen a BP ad featuring the CEO on our local affiliate. I wondered if these ads were being placed elsewhere. I heard from a friend in Alabama that the ads were playing there -- and I heard a whole lot more. My friend, besides reading AMERICAblog, is a hard-core Democrat, which isn't always easy in Alabama. But, he's also a very smart measured guy, so the vehemence of his email really struck me. He said I could share the email.

yes, they been playing those BP pr ads here in the Gulf South for several days. I’m from MS, went to law school at Tulane in NOLA and now live in AL, so most of my family and friends live in the Gulf South. I can’t begin to describe to you just how ANGRY everyone is here (and it’s not just the hard working fishermen who have lost their livelihoods etc...it’s the republicans too – because there beach homes are now worthless)

The anger is not only focused at BP, but at Obama and his team. They have really bumbled the response incredibly (at least from a communication stand point) - and seeing Paul McCartney croon Barack and Michelle at a fancy White House event, while folks can’t sleep because the oil stench outside their homes is making them sick, didn’t help Obama’s cause either.

Granted, he was never popular with the masses here (this is Red State America, right) but now even the loyal Dems are screaming that Hillary would have done a better job. Carville’s criticism of the administration is “measured” compared to what you hear from other loyal Dems down here.
That probably explains why the President went to the Gulf again today -- and appeared on Larry King Live last night. Team Obama does seem slow to adjust to real problems. And, this oil spill is a disaster.


blog comments powered by Disqus