comsc US Politics | AMERICAblog News: Obama rejects criticism of START treaty from noted Russian/Nuclear expert Sarah Palin
Join Email List | About us | AMERICAblog Gay
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff

Obama rejects criticism of START treaty from noted Russian/Nuclear expert Sarah Palin



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK

ABC's George Stephapoulos interviewed President Obama in Prague earlier today. The President was in the Czech Republic to sign the START treaty with Russian President Medvedev. One of the leading critics of this treaty is none other than that noted Russian and nuclear expert Sarah Palin. She and her pal, Michele Bachmann, were in a frenzy about it on FOX News with Sean Hannity. That alone should negate paying attention to her rants.

So you're George Stephanopoulos and you're interviewing the President about this important treaty. You get a fixed amount of time and not that many questions. So, if you're Stephanopoulos, instead of focusing on the key elements of the treaty, you go right for the important stuff. Questions four, five and six were about Palin. George literally quoted her brilliant schoolyard analysis. Obama was having none of it:

STEPHANOPOULOS: I want to get to some of those broader issues. Because you're also facing criticism on that. Sarah Palin, taking aim at your decision to restrict the use of nuclear weapons. Your pledge not to strike nations, non-nuclear nations, who abide by the nonproliferation treaty. Here's what she said. She said, "It's unbelievable, no other administration would do it." And then she likened it to kids on the playground. She said you're like a kid who says, "Punch me in the face, and I'm not going to retaliate." Your response?

OBAMA: I really have no response. Because last I checked, Sarah Palin's not much of an expert on nuclear issues.

STEPHANOPOULOS:But the string of criticism has been out there among other Republicans as well. They think you're restricting use of nuclear weapons too much.

OBAMA:And what I would say to them is that if the secretary of defense and the chairman of the Joints Chiefs of Staff are comfortable with it, I'm probably going to take my advice from them and not from Sarah Palin.

STEPHANOPOULOS: But not concerned about her criticisms?

OBAMA: No.
Pundits froth over everything Sarah Palin says. But, I have a feeling most Americans, even a few teabaggers, wouldn't want her too close to our nuclear arsenal.


blog comments powered by Disqus