comsc US Politics | AMERICAblog News: My Bad. Apparently the meeting with Geithner was more on the record than I thought.
Join Email List | About us | AMERICAblog Gay
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff

My Bad. Apparently the meeting with Geithner was more on the record than I thought.



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK

I just got back from dinner with a number of the bloggers who joined Joe and me at the Geithner meeting earlier today, and I learned a funny thing. Apparently there was a mis-communication and the meeting was not as off the record as Joe and I had understood. We still can't quote anything anyone said, but we can paraphrase what was said, so long as we don't attribute it to any one of the handful of senior Treasury officials who were at the meeting. I know, not perfect, but it's better since Joe and I can now talk openly about what happened at the meeting, and about our impressions about Treasury.

So, tomorrow Joe and I will be posting in more detail about what happened, and what we think, but in the meantime both Sam Stein and Ryan Grim at Huffington Post, both of whom understood that they could post more content, did. Here's Ryan's piece, and here's Sam's.


blog comments powered by Disqus