Good morning.
Obama is in Pittsburgh today for the G-20. I was in Pittsburgh last month for Netroots Nation. It's a great town. I suspect the city will be a bit more intense during the G-20 then it was during the blogger conference.
Also, there's been lots of buzz here in DC following Mike Lux's post yesterday about the White House trying to redefine the public option to mean a trigger. The White House denies it, via Sam Stein. I still believe Lux. My understanding is that there was an effort from top White House people to change the common definition of the public option to a "trigger" -- a ploy that would never give us a public option. That new push for a trigger significantly changed what everyone thought was part of their common purpose. I think all those groups with the common purpose of health insurance reform are being too nice and timid especially if they're being sold out. Nice and timid don't work.
Let's get started....
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff
Follow @americablog
Thursday Morning Open Thread
blog comments powered by Disqus