comsc US Politics | AMERICAblog News: Should smoking bans be extended to the outdoors?
Join Email List | About us | AMERICAblog Gay
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff

Should smoking bans be extended to the outdoors?



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK

NY is considering it. I can say that in Paris, which banned smoking in public places two and a half years ago, all the smokers have moved outside, so that it's now impossible to sit and breathe at an outdoor cafe, or outdoor restaurant seating. While it's at least now breathable inside a restaurant or bar, and it was not before, during the summer at least, it's a bit annoying to not be able to sit at any outdoor cafe or outdoor restaurant, which is what Parisians do all summer long (save but a few restaurants that actually have outdoor non-smoking seating). I realize this is a touchy issue for smokers, but imagine having to sit next to my BO during your entire dinner, and then multiply it by another 20 people with BO all surrounding you, and having this happen at every single restaurant you visit every single day. That's what it's like for a non-smoker to sit with smokers. Same problem in the park, same problem at the beach. It simply is not a habit that you can keep to yourself. When I eat a brownie, I don't force you to eat half of it.


blog comments powered by Disqus