comsc US Politics | AMERICAblog News: Friday Morning Open Thread
Join Email List | About us | AMERICAblog Gay
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff

Friday Morning Open Thread



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK

Good morning.

Yesterday, Crooks and Liars noted how Chuck Todd at NBC referred to the public option as a "fetish." I've been watching too much CNN and its "talent" treat the public option like some kind of political game, too. They don't get it. This is about trying to get real health insurance for real people. But, how could they get it? Anyone who works for NBC/General Electric or Turner, especially the big dogs, must have very good health insurance. I know the people at CNN do. They live in the same protected bubble that many members of Congress live in. They were immune from the recession and they're unaffected by the real impact of the health insurance debate.

But, some day, when they lose their cushy jobs, some of those reporters better hope the public option exists. Some of those people sure don't look like the healthiest people around -- and when they don't have corporate health insurance, they'll find out just how rough the market is.

I need coffee...

NOTE FROM JOHN: Come back at 830am Eastern and check out what I'm about to post. Your head will explode.


blog comments powered by Disqus