comsc US Politics | AMERICAblog News: Cynthia Tucker's health care gets rationed
Join Email List | About us | AMERICAblog Gay
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff

Cynthia Tucker's health care gets rationed



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK

And they say America doesn't have rationing. Really?:

I called Dr. Amy’s office and was given an immediate appointment. But I was also told she is “out-of-network” for Aetna.

Called Aetna. They explained I would pay several hundred dollars a year extra for the privilege of taking my baby girl to Dr. Amy.

So, I called another pediatrician who is “in-network.” She said she could see my baby at the end of October.

I have a choice to make: Pay through the nose for a highly recommended doctor who can see my baby immediately. Or, go to the doctor my insurance will pay for, which would mean my child would run months behind on her vaccination schedule.
The Republicans are telling us stories of supposed Canadians who are told to wait, so instead they come to the states and pay for more expensive care now (even though we doubt this is very true). But the same story already happens now in the states - people with damn good jobs, and damn good health care, being to pay more or wait.


blog comments powered by Disqus