comsc US Politics | AMERICAblog News: Angel joins the family
Join Email List | About us | AMERICAblog Gay
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff

Angel joins the family



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK

angel3.jpg

Meet Angel. We got mom and dad a dog this Christmas. I was a bit skeptical, as I don't think it's wise to get other people dogs that they aren't expecting. But we grew up with dogs, and it's been several years since the last one died. And while mom likes dogs, I suspect she's got that Greek notion of them being a wee bit dirty. Dad, however, adores them. So we were hoping dad would trump mom on this one, and it worked. She's about 11 weeks ago, a mix between a Bichon Frisé and a Maltese. She's very well tempered, a great lap dog, and just wonderful fur (though she's only 3 pounds, and my nightmare is her tripping my 80 year old parents).

angel6.jpg

We gave her a bath this morning before bringing her to my parents' house. It's amazing how hideous a beautiful dog really is beneath all the fur.

angels1.jpg

This is Angel enjoying the snow with Carmela the Wonderdog (below). The nieces and nephews decided on "Angel." I'm underwhelmed (I might have said something about "why not name it Jesus while we're at it?") But oh well.

carmelasnow.jpg

And here's Carmela, out on the same snow trek this morning with Angel. Carmela has handled the arrival of the new dog okay (they've both been staying at my sis's house for the past 3 weeks). They would play okay, but you could tell Carmela was jealous as hell. When I'd come over, Carmela would jump in my lap and NOT leave. Usually she'd be in and out, but not with the other dog around. I was hers. And when Angel would come near, there'd be a nice growl. It was kind of fun to be owned by an 8 pound dog.


blog comments powered by Disqus