Well, I've just learned that you can type at pretty much 100% capacity without using your left thumb. Joe and I just spent the afternoon at the emergency room. I had a little mishap with the new Cuisinart, a wad of whole wheat dough, and my left thumb (apparently, the blades are quite sharp - who knew?). It was one of those moments where you freeze in time for like a quarter of a second and think "I did not just do that." 3 hours later, 2 of which Joe was sitting alone in the waiting room, my thumb is all wrapped up in a nice bandage going down to my wrist (I'll spare you the gory details, as Joe might pass out). Fortunately all is now well, my thumb remains in one piece. And in an odd way, I've continued the family tradition of really klutzy emergency room visits, starting when I was a young kid and thought I could balance on top of a basketball (I couldn't), continuing with my brother who was running around in his superman outfit and tried to fly through the basement screen door (it was locked and he flew through the glass), or the time one of my siblings got hit in the head with a baseball bat (and actually, I think all 3 of those occurred within the same 2 week period, which made the hospital grill my mom quite intensely about just what she was doing to her kids). My friend Ari and I are heading out for some dive Italian food to make the hurt go away.
Of course, the larger question is whether I can now write off my doctor's bill since I'm using the emergency room visit as blog content? Hmm....
PS Joe made me swear I'd note that HIS visit to the emergency room two weeks ago was much more dramatic and traumatic than mine. And actually it was. But I'll let Joe share his own adventures in insurance-land with you in another post.
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff
Follow @americablog
Open thread
blog comments powered by Disqus