comsc US Politics | AMERICAblog News: Cheney flips out on CNN over his lesbian daughter Mary
Join Email List | About us | AMERICAblog Gay
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff

Cheney flips out on CNN over his lesbian daughter Mary



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK

It appears the Cheneys are still trying to cram their pregnant lesbian daughter Mary back into the closet. Now the former gay activist, former head of Cheney's re-election campaign, former openly-gay gay-liaison for a major American corporation, is no longer so gay. Now her homosexuality is a no-no, a thing not to be discussed, even when the top allies of the vice president, allies that he outright wooed for six years, attacks his former head of his campaign, and his future grandkid.

From CNN's transcript of today's interview:

Q We're out of time, but a couple of issues I want to raise with you. Your daughter Mary, she's pregnant. All of us are happy. She's going to have a baby. You're going to have another grandchild. Some of the -- some critics, though, are suggesting, for example, a statement from someone representing Focus on the Family:

"Mary Cheney's pregnancy raises the question of what's best for children. Just because it's possible to conceive a child outside of the relationship of a married mother and father, doesn't mean it's best for the child."

Do you want to respond to that?

THE VICE PRESIDENT: No, I don't.

Q She's obviously a good daughter --

THE VICE PRESIDENT: I'm delighted -- I'm delighted I'm about to have a sixth grandchild, Wolf, and obviously think the world of both of my daughters and all of my grandchildren. And I think, frankly, you're out of line with that question.

Q I think all of us appreciate --

THE VICE PRESIDENT: I think you're out of -- I think you're out of line with that question.

Q -- your daughter. We like your daughters. Believe me, I'm very, very sympathetic to Liz and to Mary. I like them both. That was just a question that's come up and it's a responsible, fair question.

THE VICE PRESIDENT: I just fundamentally disagree with your perspective.
Ironically, Cheney hasn't said anything that I've seen to defend his daughter, or his future grandchild, against the incredibly vicious attacks from his own supporters. But when CNN asks about the controversy, suddenly CNN is out of line for bringing the issue up. So, it's okay for Cheney's religious right buddies to openly attack his daughter and grandkid, but it's not okay for the media to ask about the controversy.

What a sad screwed up family.


blog comments powered by Disqus