comsc US Politics | AMERICAblog News: Friday Orchid Blogging
Join Email List | About us | AMERICAblog Gay
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff

Friday Orchid Blogging



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK



Encyclia fragrans

This little guy has enough smell in it to carry several feet - and yes, it's one of my own, currently in bloom. It starts off, right after blooming, smelling like those fake spearmint-scented urinal cakes (not kidding). After a few days, it switches into more of a spearmint candy scent. And then a good week into it, it switches to wonderful, fresh, warm gingerbread. For real. The scent is amazing, and really strong. I found this little guy to be quite difficult, it hasn't been happy in years. But with my new lighting set-up, I bought some compact fluorescent bulbs for some of my plants, the roots took off and now it's quite happy - even has another flower spike coming up.

Enjoy.


blog comments powered by Disqus