comsc US Politics | AMERICAblog News: Friday Orchid Blogging
Join Email List | About us | AMERICAblog Gay
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff

Friday Orchid Blogging



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK

It's time we continued.



This is a Paph Elfstone x Skip Bartlett. It's one of my own flowers, a first bloom (meaning the first time the plant has bloomed since reaching maturity), so it should be better in the coming years. It's a cute one, though is a bit malformed in spots. Again, it's hard to know if that's genetic or something that will work its way out in subsequent blooms. Anyway, not a very tricky grower - just water it as is approaches dryness. It likes good light, but not too strong - I now have my plants under 48 inch fluorescent bulbs, and for Paphs at least, they work perfectly.

A few more paphs are on the way, and some other exciting flowers as well. Should be a good winter for posting some of my actual flowers. Enjoy.

PS For those in the know, I bought a few kovachii crosses (legally). God help me.


blog comments powered by Disqus