comsc US Politics | AMERICAblog News: Bruce Gordon is correct
Join Email List | About us | AMERICAblog Gay
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff

Bruce Gordon is correct



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK

And I think this applies for just about anyone, not just the black community. It's tempting to shrink into the victim mentality but it only ends up empowering others and ultimately does more harm than good. I've picked up a few tidbits from his keynote address at the NAACPs annual meeting and am impressed with what I am hearing.

"We may not have all the power that we want, but we have all the power that we need," Gordon said. "All we have to do is believe it and use it."
Besides telling African-Americans to give up their "victim-like thinking" he is also telling them to put their money where their mouth is and support or not support businesses that are uninterested in working with the black community. It's not always easy and being in agreement on everything is hardly realistic, but I agree and try as much as possible to support businesses who at least try to support my overall ideals.

I have not followed Gordon much so I don't know where he stands on many other issues, but in my opinion he is right on the money with these keynote address issues.


blog comments powered by Disqus