comsc US Politics | AMERICAblog News: Senator Martinez (R-FL) isn't interested in protecting marriage, only the DEFINITION of marriage
Join Email List | About us | AMERICAblog Gay
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff

Senator Martinez (R-FL) isn't interested in protecting marriage, only the DEFINITION of marriage



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK

More feedback from a reader:

So help me God, I called Martinez's office. I said that, given the Senator's interest in protecting marriage combined with Florida's high divorce rate, would he be willing to introduce an amendment to outlaw divorce.

I was told I'd have to submit that question in writing since that had not been previously considered.

I put on my indignantly surprised voice and said, "You mean to tell me that given all the discussion in the Senate about protecting marriage, I'm the first person to bring up this ideas?"

So help me God, her answer was to say, "The Senator is not interested in protecting marriage but in protecting the definition of marriage."

Finally, at least...an honest Senate staffer.


blog comments powered by Disqus