comsc US Politics | AMERICAblog News: Sandia National Labs hosts seminar claiming earth is 6,000 years old
Join Email List | About us | AMERICAblog Gay
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff

Sandia National Labs hosts seminar claiming earth is 6,000 years old

| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK

They've infiltrated our national laboratories now. Lovely. Here's the description of a recent talk given at Sandia:

Russell Humphreys to speak, Monday, February 13, 2006.

Title: Evidence for a Young World


Few people are aware that most of the relevant scientific data are in favor of a young world. I’ve been studying such data for 36 years. Of the several hundred natural processes that have some bearing on the age issue, I estimate (very roughly) that only about 10% favor billion-year ages. The other 90% — little publicized and therefore unknown to most scientists — favor much smaller ages, ages that could be as small as the face-value Biblical age of 6,000 years.

This seminar is a brief sketch of the evidence, giving a dozen samples of the “90%” type of data, including: galaxy rotation, supernova remnants, decay of comets, seafloor sediments, sodium in the sea, geomagnetic energy decay, “mitochondrial Eve,” Neanderthal DNA, T-Rex blood cells, stone age graves, and the shortness of history.

I will also give several samples of exciting new evidence that addresses the “10%” type of data: the existence of carbon 14 in all fossils (and even in diamonds), and a helium diffusion age of only 6,000 years for Precambrian zircons. These and other new lines of evidence would drastically compress the billion-year ages of such dating methods as potassium/argon and uranium/lead. I and other creationist scientists have reported these data at the annual meeting of the American Geophysical Union in San Francisco in December 2003. I hope to discuss these new data in more detail at a later seminar.

Biographical Background [of Russell Humphreys]:

* Associate professor of physics for the Institute for Creation Research in San Diego, but still lives in Albuquerque. B.S. physics, Duke University, 1963. Ph.D. physics, Louisiana State University, 1972. Retired from Sandia National Laboratories, 2001, after working there 22 years as a physicist doing nuclear, pulsed power, and geoscience research and development. Before that, he did high-voltage research at General Electric. He has published dozens of technical articles in professional journals, received three U.S. patents, two Industrial Research magazine IR-100 awards, and several Sandia Awards for Excellence.

Although raised as an atheist, he received Jesus Christ as his personal Savior in 1969. At first he was a theistic evolutionist, but after a few years scientific evidence convinced him that the alleged billion-year “geologic ages” are merely a modern origins myth — that instead God created the world about 6,000 years ago. His main research interest is the age of the world, including the earth's magnetic field, salt in the ocean, nuclear decay dating, and cosmology. He has published many technical articles in creationist scientific journals, is a board member of the Creation Research Society, and an internationally known seminar speaker. He is the author of a popular book on creationist cosmology, Starlight and Time.

blog comments powered by Disqus