comsc US Politics | AMERICAblog News: Open thread
Join Email List | About us | AMERICAblog Gay
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff

Open thread



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK

Man, if you have every tried to use the Web for tourism, good luck. At least small town tourism. It sucks. I'm trying to find cute, typical, old towns near DC (well, within a few hours) that are worth visiting when a friend from France comes to visit next month. He wants to see "typical" America, and would love to see an old town. So, I'm looking online at the cute towns I know near DC: Harper's Ferry, Leesburg, Fredericksburg - and not a one has pictures up of the town. Now, call me crazy, but wouldn't you think a tourist town that has lots of tourist info on its Web site might just consider putting actual pictures of the town on the site? As it is, I've heard Fredericksburg is great, but judging by the Web site, I won't be going there because I have no idea what it looks like.

Just a personal gripe. If you work for a tourist location, please think and put some photos, a lot of photos, of your location on your Web site. Grrrrrrrrrrrr....

Having said that, anyone got suggestions for cute, typical American towns and things to do in the greater DC area for a foreigner who wants to understand America?


blog comments powered by Disqus