comsc US Politics | AMERICAblog News: Friday Orchid Blogging
Join Email List | About us | AMERICAblog Gay
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff

Friday Orchid Blogging



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK



Masdevallia Snow Cone

For mere mortals like me, Masdies, as we call them, are impossible to grow. This plant belongs to my friend Kyoko (it's also her photo, I stole it since my laptop is kaput), who doesn't really seem to know very well how to get them to flower again (she bought it in flower), but at least she doesn't kill them like I would. Basically, they like high humdity, around 70%, which is impossible in a home in the north, especially in winter. Also, they don't want to really dry out. But for me, the humidity would be impossible. You can read more about their culture here, and you check our more cools pics of Masdies here.

Enjoy!


blog comments powered by Disqus