comsc US Politics | AMERICAblog News: Brownie: "I am a Fashion God"
Join Email List | About us | AMERICAblog Gay
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff

Brownie: "I am a Fashion God"



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK

In the wake of Katrina, you'd like to think that Michael Brown and his staff were consumed with helping the victims. You'd be wrong, of course. Email traffic shows that they were consumed with how Brownie looked on tv:

The e-mails show that Brown, who had been planning to step down from his post when the storm hit, was preoccupied with his image on television even as one of the first FEMA officials to arrive in New Orleans, Marty Bahamonde, was reporting a crisis situation of increasing chaos to FEMA officials.

"My eyes must certainly be deceiving me. You look fabulous — and I'm not talking the makeup," writes Cindy Taylor, FEMA's deputy director of public affairs to Brown on 7:10 a.m. local time on Aug. 29.

"I got it at Nordstroms," Brown writes back. "Are you proud of me? Can I quit now? Can I go home?" An hour later, Brown adds: "If you'll look at my lovely FEMA attire, you'll really vomit. I am a fashion god."
Being a fashion god is a lot easier than saving lives.


blog comments powered by Disqus