comsc US Politics | AMERICAblog News: Harriet Miers doesn't support overturning Roe, friend says
Join Email List | About us | AMERICAblog Gay
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff

Harriet Miers doesn't support overturning Roe, friend says



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK

With friends like these...

Jerry Clements, a friend and colleague of Harriet Miers, was on MSNBC TV today right before my segment began. I remember laughing out loud when I heard Miers' friend, the woman defending her nomination, say the following:

"Having known her as well as I do, I've had no indication that she has ever stated she believes Roe v. Wade should be overturned."
Ouch!

I'm glad Ms. Miers' good friends have never heard her even suggest that Roe v. Wade should be overturned, but what does that say about this nominee? If you're a good Christian conservative and abortion is one of your top issues in life, AND you're a big political operative working for BIG conservatives like George Bush, you're telling me your good friends have NEVER heard you suggest that Roe v. Wade is wrong?

But hey, Bush just told us today that he has no litmus test on abortion, so I guess it's not a problem that Miers doesn't seem to have a problem with the way Roe v. Wade was decided.

Yes, this is going to be really fun.


blog comments powered by Disqus