comsc US Politics | AMERICAblog News: AOL throws FL emergency emails into SPAM box
Join Email List | About us | AMERICAblog Gay
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff

AOL throws FL emergency emails into SPAM box



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK

The trigger happy people at AOL used all of their pricey trend analysis software to block out emergency emails from Indian River, Florida during the busy hurricane season last year. Brillant move there people. I'm glad to see the story getting covered because I am so sick and tired of my emails getting blocked and returned when I try to send notes to friends with AOL accounts.

Sure, the problem has to do with my ISP (I'm on my second one in the last few years) who probably has a miserable defense system in place but I can't help that and it's too much of a hassle to change again and again. AOL's advice in the past has been to tell me to contact my ISP, somehow in the belief that I was living in the US and customer service rep's actually cared. The end result is that I rarely ever send emails to those AOL friends, unfortunately.


blog comments powered by Disqus