comsc US Politics | AMERICAblog News: New fake meat that apparently tastes really good
Join Email List | About us | AMERICAblog Gay
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff

New fake meat that apparently tastes really good



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK

Slate has an interesting article about a new fake chicken, called Beyond Meat, that is so like real chicken it made a vegetarian a bit queasy.  I enjoy red meat, but know that it's not the healthiest thing on the planet (they say to have it only a few times a week max).  So I'm happy to try some of the fake stuff, but I haven't loved the stuff I've tried - it's either too salty, or too filled with garlic and other spices, or, like the chicken patties I was into for a while, too dry.  This stuff, apparently, is the real fake deal.  It's not available outside of Whole Foods in Northern CA, but I look forward to trying it.


blog comments powered by Disqus