This interview took place on the final day — the Sunday of last breakfasts and travel. By this point, a number of us were not fully well; allergies had kicked it, and a fair number of my friends arrived home processing the camp diseases.
Alex, however, was strong-voiced and full-throated. Not so I; the frogs had set up home. My apologies for that.
Alex makes a number of excellent points in this interview. I like his view of the pendulum and the future (questions 1 and 4); very thoughtful. And his answers to questions 2 and 3 (Dems and progressives) are important to consider.
And his last answer — how to be more effective in your life — made this a must-listen for me. He told me later he could have given many more suggestions; still the ones he gave are invaluable.
Five Questions: Alex Lawson with Gaius Publius, recorded on the last day of Netroots Nation 2012. Enjoy:
The full list of "Five Questions" interviews includes the following. Links to names will take you to previously-published interviews.
- Alan Grayson, former (and perhaps future) U.S. Congressman
- Marcy Wheeler, of emptywheel.net
- Cliff Schecter, who comments regularly with Sam Seder at Majority.fm among many other places
- Tom Tomorrow, cartoonist with DailyKos and This Modern World
- Alex Lawson of StrengthenSocialSecurity.org
- Josh Orton, with Russ Feingold's Progressives United
- Frances Causey, producer–director of Heist, the documentary
- Chris Pearson, a Progressive Party Vermont state legislator
- Susan Smith, Progressive Caucus chair of the Florida Democratic Party
- Sarah Burris, labor activist and progressive youth organizer
(If you have trouble with this audio, please let me know in the comments and I'll address it as quickly as I can. Thanks.)
To follow or send links: @Gaius_Publius