comsc US Politics | AMERICAblog News: Women are now wearing feeding tubes to lose weight
Join Email List | About us | AMERICAblog Gay
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff

Women are now wearing feeding tubes to lose weight



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK

WTF?

While I'm not terribly thrilled with the notion that all fat is beautiful (because I'm not convinced that everyone who is overweight is overweight because they can't help it - some are, of course, but I've seen my share of obese people eating horrific food, and had an overweight friend whose idea of a diet was eating buttered popcorn for lunch), I'm also not sure I like this feeding tube idea either.  Inserting a feeding tube in a woman's nose to deliver 800 calories a day until she loses the desired weight. Yikes.

Is there no happy medium between anorexia and embracing obesity carte blanche?


blog comments powered by Disqus