comsc US Politics | AMERICAblog News: Rush Limbaugh attacks another woman
Join Email List | About us | AMERICAblog Gay
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff

Rush Limbaugh attacks another woman



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK

The Atlantic has been interviewing Tracie McMillan, an author who's the latest target of Rush Limbaugh's hate talk. Their quote from Tuesday's show:

What is it with all of these young single white women, overeducated -- doesn't mean intelligent. For example, Tracie McMillan, the author of this book, seems to be just out of college and already she has been showered with awards, including the 2006 James Aronson Award for Social Justice Journalism. … Her degree is not in food or nutrition. She has a B.A. from New York University in political science.
It might just be me but I am pretty sure that Limbaugh does not have a degree in food or nutrition either -- so if she needs such a degree to write the book, why doesn't he need one to critique it? And I am very sure that he has never gone undercover to work in an Applebee's, to highlight what it's like to work at such a place, which is the reporting that the book is based on. In particular why would a degree in food or nutrition be required to comment on this type of behavior (from an article she wrote promoting the book):
The raunchiness of cooks has always been legendary, but kitchen lit and reality TV have given it a glamorous sheen. I had a hankering to prove that I could hold my own. My co-workers tested me nonstop. When Geoff, a dark-skinned Caribbean cook asked me if I liked chocolate, and said he preferred vanilla, I rolled my eyes. When Christopher, born and raised in a rough part of the city, puffed up his chest, tapped me on the collarbone and said, “I’ma put my name right there, on a chain, ’round your neck,” I pursed my lips, said, “I would like to see you try, motherfucker,” and we both laughed. I learned that "culo" meant ass, and made sure to ask Joel, a cook, if there was a problem when I caught him eyeing mine.
Her reporting is not even particularly anti-corporate. The real target is the bigoted, misogynistic trash talkers. That is, her target is people like Rush Limbaugh.

John has a number of the current Limbaugh advertisers in a sidebar to the right of this post, please contact them.


blog comments powered by Disqus