comsc US Politics | AMERICAblog News: Ann Romney doesn't consider herself rich
Join Email List | About us | AMERICAblog Gay
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff

Ann Romney doesn't consider herself rich



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK

This would probably be a good time to avoid talking about whether she's rich or not rich. Especially during the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression, pretending as though a $200+ million fortune isn't among the super elite of the US is obnoxious. How tone deaf are the Romneys? ABC News:

“We can be poor in spirit, and I don’t even consider myself wealthy, which is an interesting thing,” Ann Romney said in an interview on Fox News. “It can be here today and gone tomorrow.” Romney’s comment came during a discussion about her battle with Multiple Sclerosis, and specifically in response to a question from Fox’s Neal Cavuto about whether the Romneys are “oblivious, given your wealth, to the everyday concerns of average folks.” “How I measure riches,” Romney continued, “is by the friends I have and the loved ones I have and the people that I care about in my life, and that’s where my values are and that’s where my riches are.”
So is she also saying that she has no friends or loved ones?


blog comments powered by Disqus