comsc US Politics | AMERICAblog News: Is Comcast trying to overcharge customers?
Join Email List | About us | AMERICAblog Gay
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff

Is Comcast trying to overcharge customers?



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK

I've written before about how cheap Internet and cable TV (and phone) are in France as compared to the US (and our connection speeds are faster). Considering Comcast's despicable history and already criminally high fees, it sounds possible that they're now over-charging customers. Here's a post from one Comcast business customer but you can find others complaining of similar mysterious new fees in the comments.

My Comcast Business Internet bill went up $7 this month. When I called to find out why, I was told Comcast had done an "audit" of the sales department and found many people should have been paying for their equipment since the beginning of their contract period but weren't. Rather than charge me for the last two years of rental, they're going to be nice and just start charging me the $7/month now. I signed a contract with them that has a line labeled "Internet Equipment Fee" and the box until the "Total Cost" column is blank (see image below). When I mentioned this to the CS rep she told me that if there was a "$0.00" in that box I would get free equipment. Then, she tried to claim equipment isn't even covered by the contract. When I pointed out there's a line item for it she just changed the subject, in classic redirection style. When I originally talked to the sales person, back a couple of years ago, I asked if the equipment was included in the price and I was told an emphatic "yes" it was. Now, Comcast is trying to use this ridiculous trick to get $7 more a month out of me.
Then head over to Reddit where there are plenty more stories that will be familiar to Comcast customers. Comcast never knows when to say when, so if you're also having problems, join in one of the discussions and then contact Comcast.


blog comments powered by Disqus