comsc US Politics | AMERICAblog News: Michael Bloomberg: "I have my own army!"
Join Email List | About us | AMERICAblog Gay
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff

Michael Bloomberg: "I have my own army!"



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK

Almost Napoleonic, in that madhouse kind of way.

The UK Daily Mail (my emphasis):

Being the mayor of New York City has its perks - and apparently one is having an army at your disposal.

Mayor Michael Bloomberg, speaking at MIT on Wednesday about the city's workforce, overreached with his description of the police force which has been lambasted for pepper spraying protesters lining Wall Street in recent weeks.

'I have my own army in the NYPD, which is the seventh largest army in the world,' he said.
A bizarre speech, to say the least. (And no, the NYPD is not the seventh largest anything in the world. He doesn't even have his own facts right.)

Bloomberg also claims he has his own State Department, which if I read this right, is the (ready?) United Nations building:
Referring to the U.S. Department of State, located in the Foggy Bottom neighbourhood of Washington, DC, he added: 'I have my own state department, to Foggy Bottom's annoyance. We have the UN in New York, so we have entrée into the diplomatic world that Washington does not have.'
There's more like this in the article; it's well worth your minutes.

A strange man — I guess being a gazillionaire gets to the brain after a while. Definitely Napoleonic. (Image of Napoleon via Shutterstock)

GP


blog comments powered by Disqus