Too bad nobody in Washington cares. It's easier to buckle under and live with the expensive waste of money rather than stand up for privacy. And before the GOP starts with their "privatize it" nonsense again, the private companies are following TSA procedures so the same would apply to them. Following the Tuscon shootings we heard one member of Congress talk about putting a shield around Congress for safety so brace yourself for more ridiculous ideas. ABC News:
"I see the classified results and it gives me great concern, I saw what happened [in Moscow] and I have even more concern," Rep. Mica said today on the ABC News program Good Morning America.
The suicide bomb attack at the Moscow airport highlighted a physical vulnerability long recognized by both security officials and terrorists.
"Every airport in the world, including every airport in the United States, has virtually no security until you get to the security checkpoint," said Richard Clarke, an ABC News consultant and former White House counter-terrorism official.
