Good morning.
The day after.
So, since I went to bed, way too late, we still don't know who won in several key races, including the Senate contests in Colorado, Washington and Alaska. While "write-in" won in Alaska, we don't know if the specific write-in candidate, Lisa Murkowski, won. We won't know that for weeks. But, it sure looks like Joe Miller lost. And, bottom line, Democrats still control the Senate. But, they couldn't do much with 59 members of their caucus. Just saying.
On the gubernatorial front, still unclear who the victors are in Maine (looks bad), Illinois (surprisingly looks good), Oregon (bad), Florida (bad) and Minnesota (looks promising).
There will be a Speaker Boehner. It looks like the GOPers picked up around 60 seats. Not sure the American people fully grasp what they elected. But, as my grandmother used to say with her very thick Irish accent, "They choosed it."
The President is holding a press conference this afternoon. Last night, Peter Daou tweeted:
I don't want to hear anything about Obama being conciliatory tomorrow - how about throwing down the gauntlet and challenging GOP to deliverI agree. I don't expect it, but I agree.
As anyone who watched cable coverage last night saw, there's a lot of talk from GOPers about spending cuts, but no specifics. They can't deliver.
So.....
